Photo: Mohammed Suleiman Abu Dahrouj (10) standing in front of the shelter that his family built on the ruins of their destroyed house, in al-Zawaida village, close to Nuseirat refugee camp in the central Gaza Strip. Mohammed was seriously injured and had to go to Germany for medical treatment – he still has some shrapnel left in his head. The family of his uncle, Hayel, was wiped out entirely in the same attack.
People killed in the attack in Al-Zawaida village
23 August 2014
- Huda Mohammed Abu Dahrouj (27, Hayel's wife)
- Abdallah Hayel Abu Dahrouj (3, Hayel and Huda's son)
- Abdelhadi Hayel Abu Dahrouj (1 and a half years, Hayel and Huda's son)
- Hayel Shahed Abedrabbo Abu Dahrouj (28, Shahed's son)
- Hayat Abedrabbo Abu Dahrouj (49, Shahed's sister)