Photo: Mohammed Abdelrahman Abu Jarad (7) stands in the room where the attack took place. He is the only survivor amongst his immediate family. His parents, Abdelrahman and Rajaa’, were killed together with his two siblings, Haniya (2) and a toddler, Musa (8 months). He now lives with his grandparents, Musa and Sadiya.
“Since the killings of his parents and siblings, there has never been a smile on his face,” says his grandmother Sadiya.
Photos, from the left: Naim Musa Abu Jarad (24), his son Samih (18 months), and Naim’s siblings: Abdelrahman (32), Samar (14), and Ahlam (17).
People killed in the attack in Beit Hanoun
18 July 2014
- Naim Musa Abu Jarad (24, Musa and Sadiya's son)
- Samih Naim Abu Jarad (1 year and an half, Naim’s son)
- Abdelrahman Musa Abu Jarad (32, Musa and Sadiya's son)
- Rajaa’ Iliyan Abu Jarad (28, Abdel Rahman's wife)
- Haniya Abdelrahman Abu Jarad (2, Rajaa’ and Abdelrahman's daughter)
- Musa Abdelrahman Abu Jarad (8 months, Rajaa’ and Abdelrahman's son)
- Ahlam Musa Abu Jarad (17, Musa and Sadiya's daughter)
- Samar Musa Abu Jarad (14, Musa and Sadiya's daughter)