Photo: Mohammed ‘Atiya Abu Khousa (47) amidst the ruins of his home. He lost his wife, his daughter and five grandchildren in the attack. The adjacent home, belonging to the al-Omri family, was also destroyed.
“We are all farmers. We are all civilians. All the people killed are civilians. I keep thinking about the victims all the time,” says Mohammed.
People killed in the attack in Al-Zawaida village
30 July 2014
- Sabah Mubarak Abu Khousa (50, Mohammed's wife)
- Sabrin Mohammed Attiya Abu Khousa (32, Mohammed and Sabah's daughter)
- Ibrahim Suleiman Abed Rabbo Abu Khousa (36, Sabrin's husband, he died from his injuries 9 days later)
- Shahed Ibrahim Abu Khousa (9, Sabrin and Ibrahim's daughter)
- Mohammed Ibrahim Abu Khousa (2, Sabrin and Ibrahim's son)
- Yazan Emad Mohammed Abu Khousa (4, Mohammed and Sabah's grandson)
- Rital Bashir Mohammed Abu Khousa (1, Mohammed and Sabah's granddaughter)
- Jana Belal Mohammed Abu Khousa (1, Mohammed and Sabah'granddaughter)