Photo: Issam Jouda sits where an Israeli missile fired from a drone killed four of his children and his wife, Rawia. Rawia was sitting with the children in the courtyard when the missile hit them. Issam and his daughter, Raaf (11), survived because they were inside the house. Issam’s son Thair (13) was seriously injured and had to have his left leg amputated. They live in the Tel al-Zatar neighbourhood in Jabaliya.
“I tell the international community, ‘you created the international law to protect civilians during war, but civilians in Gaza were deliberately targeted’. The main source of our problem is the Israeli occupation. If we deal with the main source, we can solve our problem,” says Issam Jouda.
People killed in the attack in Jabaliya
24 August 2014
- Rawia Ibrahim Mohammed Jouda (43, Issam's wife)
- Tasnim Issam Jouda (14, Rawia and Issam's daughter)
- Raghad Issam Jouda (12, Rawia and Issam's daughter)
- Mohammed Issam Jouda (8, Rawia and Issam's son)
- Osama Issam Jouda (6, Rawia and Issam's son)