Nabil Makhrous Siyam (33) stands with his son Baderaddin, his only child to survive the Israeli attack. Nabil had his left arm amputated; Baderaddin was also very seriously injured. Nabil lost his wife and four other children.
The Siyam family decided to flee after shelling in the neighbourhood came closer and shrapnel hit the inside of their house. Around 30 people from the Siyam family were running in the street when they were targeted. 13 people were killed, eight of them children.
People killed in the attack in Rafah
21 July 2014
- Kamal Makhrous Siyam (31, son of Dalal and Makhrous)
- Mohammed Makhrous Siyam (27, son of Dalal and Makhrous)
- Sumoud Nasser Mustafa Siyam (26, Mohammed's wife)
- Moin Mohammed Siyam (5, Mohammed and Sumoud's son, died the next day of the attack)
- Shirin Mohammed Siyam (31, Nabil's wife, Dalal and Makhrous’ daughter-in-law)
- Ghaidaa' Nabil Siyam (7, Nabil and Shirin’s daughter)
- Mustafa Nabil Siyam (9, Nabil and Shirin’s son)
- Abdelrahman Nabil Siyam (6, Nabil and Shirin’s son)
- Dalal Nabil Siyam (9 months, Nabil and Shirin’s daughter)
- Saida Hassan Siyam (42, daughter-in-law of Dalal and Makhrous; wife of Ayman Makhrous Siyam, died of her wounds on 14 August 2014)
- Amin Ayman Makhrous Siyam (17, Saida and Ayman's son)
- Ahmed Ayman Makhrous Siyam (15, Saida and Ayman's son)
- Mohammed Amin Siyam (15, Dalal and Makhrous's grandchild, died of his wounds on 18 November 2014 in Turkey).